A moderate penis curvature is normal. In fact, a lot of men have a slightly curved penis and it’s usually not much of a concern – especially if sex isn’t painful as a consequence of the bent shape. Any curvature up to 30 degrees is usually considered to be ‘moderate’ and no doctor needs to be seen. The exceptions are cases where a curved penis is new to the patient or is causing pain.
If you are experiencing pain or your penis is curved more than 30 degrees, you may have Peyronie’s disease.
Order effective treatment for erectile dysfunction discreetly View all treatments
Prevalence of a curved penis
According to a study of 1,782 men between the ages of 35 to 75 years, 19% had a curved penis. Around a third of them said their penis curvature was greater than 30 degrees. No specific age group stood out. But one in six men admitted that their penis curvature had a negative impact on their sex lives. If you are experiencing pain or your penis is curves by more than 30 degrees, you may have Peyronie’s disease. If your symptoms remain the same or you don’t experience any pain during intercourse, you probably just have a naturally curved penis and don’t need to worry. It turns out there are advantages to a bent penis...
Advantages of a curved penis
Sometimes sex can be better with a curved penis. That’s because the curvature allows men to reach the female g-spot more easily. Particularly, a penis that bends upwards may be able to stimulate regions that a straight penis cannot reach. You could use your curvature to your advantage and try the following sex positions best for a bent penis:
1. Doggy style – This position is not just great for men with straight penises. It’s also great for men with an upwardly bent penis because it is able to stimulate the clitoris more effectively.
2. Missionary – The classic sex position allows men with a bent penis to more snuggly fit into the vagina.
3. Cowgirl – As she sits on top of you, she’ll be able to stimulate her g-spot by rubbing back and forth against the bent tip of the penis.
4. T-position – If your penis is bent sideways, the T-position is a great way to utilize your unique angles.
Most women don’t actually care about a naturally curved penis. But if you’re worried or are anxious, speak to your partner about their sexual preferences. An open conversation always helps couples to explore their sexual preferences. Sex is about pleasure, not the look of things.
If your penis is bent by more than 30 degrees or you are experiencing pain, make sure you see a doctor. In rare cases, a bent penis could be evidence of a fracture which requires urgent surgery.
- Chung, E., Gillman, M., Rushton, D., Love, C., & Katz, D. (2018). Prevalence of penile curvature: a population-based cross-sectional study in metropolitan and rural cities in Australia. BJU International, 122: 42-49. https://doi.org/10.1111/bju.14605
- Langston, J., & Carson, C. (2014). Peyronie's disease: Review and recent advances. Maturitas, 78/4: 341-343. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.maturitas.2014.05.024
- Do Women Like Curved Penis? 10 Sex Positions For Curved Penis. (2019). Men's Sexual Health. Retrieved September 22, 2019, from <https://penetric.com/curved-penis-sex-positions-women/>